Monday, February 11, 2008

Ender's Game will become a game

Not too long ago Chair Entertainment announced on their News & Press page that they have bought interactive rights for Ender's Game. The plan is to bring this novel to all next generation consoles and PC.

If you are not familiar with Ender's Game I would recommend you go to the bookstore and look for a copy. The novel was published in 1985 by Tor Books. Of course, I won't re-tell the story! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. As reassurance of my recommendation this book won Nebula award and Hugo award next year as well!

endersgame

Personally, one of most memorable parts of the book are the 'Battle Room' war games descriptions. Quite often I would find myself imagining the battle in zero-gravity and how I would tackle the situation instead of reading the book. Now I will have a chance to do that!

From technology point of view, game will use Unreal 3 (U3) engine. The U3 engine is one of the leading game engines on the market right now. The best examples of capabilities of it check out games like Unreal Tournament III, Gears of War, Bioshock and lots of other titles. As core technology U3 engine is supporting Ageia's PhysX hardware acceleration. If you read my previous post there are some really exciting news on that front.

Lets' wait and see if all factors will fall in place (nVidia making cheap PhysX cards in mass production, Chair Entertainment doing a good job and U3 engine handling game content) and hope we don't have to wait too long.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that would be amazing. I hope they make it soon and they don't suck it. Honestly, the Wii's alternative remote seems like the best fit for ender's game. It would put you more in the game. If they sold a flash suit for it, I would so buy it. OMG, real life ender's game battles with flash suits.. I just had a nerdgazum.

    BTW, I'm not only a fan of the book Ender's Game but also a writer and I would be lax if I didn't whore out my own title. www.weeklydensity.com

    If you liked Ender's game as much as I do, I hope you will like my serial novel too.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Intrigued? Disagree? Have your say here.