Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Starcraft II gameplay videos and info

Gametrailers has a new gameplay video showing Zerg base and Terran rushing in. Unfortunately, Zerg is destroyed very quickly but it does show the details of Zerg and Terran units.

Here is the video


There are few details I would like to mention. Pay attention to units and building names and you will notice some changes. This is an opportunity to check out the unit animations (or at least the current ones). One of new units is a Spine Crawler as replacement for Sunken Colony.

Just after the mid point of the movie there is Creep Tumor which I don't know what is doing yet.

In addition to this video there is a post on Kotaku describing their experience with Starcraft II playing as Zerg.

image

The most interesting points from their perspective are

  • Zerg units may be hard to distinguish from background
  • Zerglings felt as underpowered unit
  • Spine Crawlers can be relocated on creep as needed
  • Queen and Corruptor are available early in game
  • Hydralisks cost more and are available later in game

And their final comment:

After finally getting our mitts on the Zerg, we're more excited than ever about StarCraft II. We simply can't wait to annoy you via Battle.net with our crushing waves of Zerglings.

Here is another video (too short), this time of Protoss and building of the base. I like the Pylon animation and warping of the Gateway.


Just for an eye candy here is another video - crystal harvesting (Terran) and Protoss attacking Zerg's base.


That's it for now. I hope more videos will be released now when Leipzig Games Convention 08 has finished.

Stop the press! I just found another gameplay video. Have fun watching.


3 comments:

  1. The xml feed i broken? i try to access the site with my feed reader several weeks (Sage) and it gives my and error.

    Great compilation of videos, i cant wait to the release...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what feed you are referring to. If it is the one from my blog I'll have a look.

    Yes, Starcraft II looks very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    There was problem with feed from my blog but it should be fixed now. Let me know if you still have this problem.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Intrigued? Disagree? Have your say here.