Saturday, March 7, 2009

UT 3 Titan Pack impressions

Yesterday I downloaded the Titan Pack for Unreal Tournament 3 (for PC of course). If you want to play it on PS3 then you will have to wait another 2 weeks due to mod certification process for PS3.

In my previous posts you can read what is included in Titan Pack. After playing it for few hours here is how does it feel and what do I like and what I don't.

Maps

Maps are very nice and on the par you would expect from Epic's team. In this post you can see what do they look like. I did play on all new maps but very briefly. The only one I didn't like too much was a CTF map Morbid. It is very small map and gives me claustrophobic feeling. With more players it is very crowded and chaotic.


On the other hand I enjoy playing Nanoblack. This is a medium sized map with lots of water ways and alternative routes to opponents base. The water looks just stunning and it is really nice visul.

From DM maps I really like Eden Inc. It  has stunning visuals and plays very nicely and there is always a lot of action in the centre court.


Titan mutator

As the name of the pack suggest this mutator is one of the highlights of the pack. It can be used in most of the gametypes (excluding Betryal and Duel). When a player has sufficient number of kills one can activate this option with R key. When being a Titan you are about 3 times larger than regular player and have rocket launcher with equivalent of Udamage constantly. Also the vision goes to black and white. But this is not all. While Titan you can still keep an eye on your kill meter and you can become Juggernaut. See the comparison of sizes on screenshots below.

Normal size
Titan
Juggernaut
The downside of juggernaut is that it lasts for only 30 seconds. The fun side is that you can squash the opponents. Just walk close to them and you will jump and squash him/her. After 30 seconds you die...
Oh, also try the right click while being Titan and Juggernaut for alterante fire.
For the end here are some screenshots of Titan(s) in action on various maps.
And for the end "Clash of the Titans"
I got him good...
If I get more time I'll post more about Betrayal game type and vehicle CTF maps and gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this? Intrigued? Disagree? Have your say here.