Thursday, August 23, 2012

Diablo III impressions and patch 1.04

It's been a while since my last gaming update. This does not mean I didn't play any games, I was just to busy (lazy honestly speaking) to share that with you.

Since last time I have finished Skyrim's main quest line and played for maybe another couple of weeks wondering around and doing some small side quests. Then Dawnguard got announced for Xbox 360 only. Annoyed a bit I stopped playing Skyrim.

Then Diablo III got released. It was very easy to organize digital purchase, install it from daughter's DVD and start exploring. First few weeks were a bit frustrating due to problems Blizzard had - can't connect to server, kicked out of server due to maintenance, etc. Over the time things got better and I can't remember when something like that has happened.

I started with wizard as sorceress was my favourite class from Diablo II. It worked well and I have finished normal difficulty fairly quickly. Then I started playing cooperative games with my wife. We both created new characters for this purpose only maybe a 6 weeks ago. Now we a playing Inferno difficulty and both are level 60. I am demon hunter and she is a monk. This was a very good combination until we reached inferno difficulty. That was a real challenge. We were dying way too often, repair of gear costed too much (up to 30,000 gold) and most importantly it was frustrating and depressing.

Yesterday patch 1.04 got released. It has a whole plethora of improvements:

  • Paragon levels
  • Improvements of  Legendary items
  • Shrink the gap between normal monsters and Elite packs (Champions and Rares) 
  • Tuning of each player class
  • many more



This patch made inferno difficulty much more enjoyable and gives you new goals to reach - paragon level 100.

For more details about the patch check these posts. 1.0.4 systems preview and patch notes.
More to come on Diablo III and with some pictures from game progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this? Intrigued? Disagree? Have your say here.